Re: float problem with amaya 8.8

the class toc45 is used to position the container div.
it is valid css and when removed does not change the bad display
and it doesn't choke Amaya on windows 98 ... maybe another bug
as well but one only in Mac version.  I suspect the float is not
respecting fact that it is on element nested in a container. There
are lots of issues with nested elements forgetting container
boundaries ... less complex test cases are not revealing these
things to implementers prior to release ...
users should provide stripped examples of more complex designs
that work well in other browsers, validate, but break down in amaya
These test cases help implementers test assumptions in their
rendering algorithms.

On 24 Jul 2005 at 16:59, Peter Kerr wrote:

On 24/07/2005, at 12:36 PM, ve3ll@rac.ca wrote:
> div.toc45{margin-right:105px;margin-bottom:30px}

is there something odd about this line?
If I remove it the appearance is the same (but wrong :-(
in both Amaya and Safari, MacOS 10.4.2

or if the div statement is corrrect, why is only this one choking Amaya?

Peter Kerr                       Mail.app 2.0 (727)
Snr Technician
School of Music,  University of Auckland,  New Zealand
John Russell, VE3LL@RAC.CA
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll
http://home.cogeco.ca/~trains
http://home.cogeco.ca/~cipher