Re: Amaya 8.8 - Styling problem with >

You are right! The problem comes from the '>' in the CSS selector.
With some elements, such as noscript, this kind of selector did not
work correclty. The bug is now fixed in the CVS base.

Vincent.

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 13:45:55 -0400 ve3ll@rac.ca wrote:

> Something that works in 8.7.4 but not in 8.8  is
> noscript>a rule ... i use it to set color and background
> for noscript message that appears on all my pages
> when viewed with unscripted browsers ... it places
> an alternative menu to my javascript dropdown menus
> dropdowns are nice as they don't suck up valuable
> real estate that sidebars do!!!
> anyways here is a short test file that should be run
> in 8.8 and 8.7.4 for comparison ...
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> a {color:yellow}
> noscript {color:red;background:#ffdead}
> noscript>a {color:green;text-decoration:none}
> </head><body><h1>Stylings:VE3LL@RAC.CA</h1>
> <noscript>Text should be in red, background in pastel, but hyperlink
> Amaya 8.7.4 worked but Amaya 8.8 does not. Most likely its
> the noscript&gt;a rule that is the problem!</noscript>
>
> john russell in niagara canada
>
> --
> --
> John Russell, VE3LL@RAC.CA
> http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3ll
> http://home.cogeco.ca/~trains
> http://home.cogeco.ca/~cipher

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
                                    France