Re: The request on entering into the ToDo list

Le Mardi 08 Février 2005 10:40, Vlad Bortin a écrit :
> Hello, Amaya Team.
>
> Work Amaya c a web documents in russian charsets (windows-1251, KOI8-R,
> DOS-866): On a computer there is located version Windows 2000 RUS. In the
> simple text editor we create a web page having specified value of
> parameters encoding and charset as windows-1251, we enter the text and it
> is save all page in windows-1251. We open page in Amaya 9:
> Russian symbols in view Formatted are show correctly
> Russian symbols in view Source are show correctly.
> We enter the text in page or through menu XHTML/Change Title we change
> heading of the document, then we keep page:
> Russian symbols in view Formatted are show correctly
> Russian symbols in view Source are not read
> Why it occurs, it is a bug or is consequences of that that Amaya inside
> itself works in UTF-8? It will be corrected?

Yes this bug is now fixed in the CVS version.

> For preservation of convenience of work with Amaya, very much it would be
> desirable, that for a web documents, by default, were kept in that coding
> which is at present used by system (in my case windows-1251). Then in view
> Source Russian symbols will be probably deduced(removed) correctly. Or I am
> not right?
> Besides it it is extremely desirable to provide an opportunity of
> compulsory preservation a web of the document in other Russian codings
> distinguished from accepted by default for concrete system. As it is
> realized for other codings (UTF-8, us-ascii, iso-8859-1) in menu File/Save
> as/, dialog Save as/Charset.

The current charset is also proposed now.

> Certainly, before it having provided an
> opportunity a choice of these most Russian codings from menu
> Edit/Preferences, dialog Preferences/Charset for new documents.

This option already exists (see Preferences>Publishing) but only UTF-8,
us-ascii, iso-8859-1 are proposed.
We'll add other charset as soon as possible.

> In menu File/Save as/, dialog Save as/ inscriptions (Text, Charset, MIME
> type) are not translated.

Charset and MIME type are technical terms, but Text should be translated.