Re: CSS problem with Amaya - 9.0-pre4 Dec 15 2004

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:16:27 +0100
Anders Nawroth <list@nawroth.com> wrote:

> 2. Amaya renders negative margins wrong.
>
> Take a look at this testpage in different browsers:
> http://www.ryanbrill.com/floats.htm
>
> This way to create columns is based upon the CSS2 standard, see:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/visuren.html#floats
> "A float can overlap other boxes in the normal flow (e.g., when a normal
> flow box next to a float has negative margins). "
>
> I base most of my layouts on negative margins (works in IE5+ Firefox
> 0.7+ Opera 7+ ...).

But CSS says also that "the width property specifies the content width of boxes ..."
So Amaya cannot apply the right margin when both rules
 "width: 100%; margin-right: -210px" are defined.
It's a limitation of Amaya.