Re: Leading minus sign in table cell

At 2004-12-02 18:30, Irene Vatton wrote:

>Le Jeudi 02 Décembre 2004 11:02, Lars Bruzelius a écrit :
> > It does not seem to be possible to enter a leading minus sign in a (MathML)
> > table cell. Amaya generates the follwing code if the minus sign is selected
> > from the Greek alphabet tablet:
> >
> >        <mtd>
> >          <mo>¯</mo>
> >        </mtd>
> >
> > instead of the expected:
> >
> >        <mtd>
> >          <mo>&minus;</mo>
> >        </mtd>
>
>Alphanumeric are possible only if there is a Doctype. In other cases we need
>to generate an numeric entity.
>But I guess your request is to generate the Unicode value 8722 instead of
>the character '-'?
>What is the benefit?

May be I should have been more explicit. Selecting the minus character from
the Greek alphabet tablet when editing MathML normally generates the
symbolic variable "&minus;", whatever Unicode value that character is, but
in the case described the glyph "¯" (hexadecimal AF) is inserted instead.

Lars Bruzelius

SYSteam Udac AB
Box 174,
SE-751 04  Uppsala,