Further observations (was: image testing)

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Irene Vatton wrote:

> Yes please test deeper, that'll help us.
>      Irene.

In this spirit I'd like to raise these points:

I'm interested in SVG, so I visited pinkjuice.com (I also use Ruby)
and the site is rendered very nicely.  However, some of the images
are links.  Amaya doesn't give me much clue about this when
browsing.  Other browsers display the link destination at the bottom
of the window, and/or they change the cursor to a hand over links.
I can't see any changes in Amaya's appearance when over a link, even
when the editing mode is turned off.  I'd be inclined to regard this
as an accessibility issue, but then that might be "politicising" it!
:-)

I went to the main SVG page, which is a w3c one:
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Overview.htm8
Generally it is rendered nicely.  I accept that how the browser
deals with the ordering of the columns is the way it is, they don't
absolutely have to be laid out side by side for the site to make
sense.  The point I'd like to flag up here is that some of the text
flows out of the boxes when Amaya displays it.  Eg: "Too many
implementations to list individually here".  Mozilla has some
leakage too, but less so, thus it is clearly nontrivial to get this
right.

While trying to paste that URL, I highlighted it in the URL window of
Amaya, and picked the menu Edit -> Copy.  This did not pick up the
text.  A right-click over the url itself solved this, I picked Copy
off that menu and it ended up in my win98 clipboard. Is there a
reason for the first way not working when the URL is the only
selected text?  Amaya is cross platform, so Windows assumptions may
not always apply.

It is becoming increasingly pleasant to use Amaya as a browser.
        Thank you,
        Hugh