Re: Background Color - Gray Only?

If you put this into your user stylesheet (called amaya.css in the directory
where local info is stored - ~/.amaya on Unix, and I don't know where in
Windows) then it will be applied to all documents, although overridden by
anything with its own stylesheet.

You do need to remember that documents you are editing don't have a
stylesheet applied to them except for your own use, so you might need to add
the rules into a stylesheet explicitly linked.

I think the Amaya style interface is due for an overhaul, but I don't know
the details about when that might happen. (I also think it is still about the
best styling interface I have seen, although the options it presents are
limited and not all good ones)

Cheers

Chaals

On 31 Dec 2002, Bill Hartwell wrote:

>On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 15:15, Bill Schneider wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Amaya (7.1 running on Windows 2000) has a gray background making the
>> foreground text difficult to read.  I saw a copy of a similar note less
>> than a month ago and would like to know what the solution is.  A white
>> background would be wonderful.  Am I just missing something obvious?
>> I note that the help functions, such as the index, flash gray as they are
>> activated but then stabilize with a white background for me.
>> Any ideas? Thanks
>> Bill
>
>I solved the problem by giving all of my documents a standard stylesheet
>with the following information for the body:
>
> BODY {  font-family: Times, serif ;
>               color: #000000 ;
>               background-color: #ffffff }
>
>That gives you a black Times or serif font on a white background. You
>can do it either by creating a separate stylesheet (which is what I did)
>or by opening the source window and entering it in the header, using
>standard style markup. The stylesheet was easier for me.
>
>For documents you're viewing off the web, I really don't have any idea
>what to do. For some unknown reason, gray has been the default ever
>since Mosaic.

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22