Re: Amaya now saves invalid documents?

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:44:26 -0700
Janet Daly <janet@w3.org> wrote:

> So here's the rub (x2)
>
> Did that (syncing) and still have the problem. Also, saving other docs
> after browsing with regular view does not alert me to bad markup.
>
> Janet

Amaya is tolerant with HTML documents so you can load and save invalid
HTML documents. The part generated by Amaya is valid but if there is an
invalid element or attribute in the loaded document it's not automatically
removed.
Amaya checks the validity of XHTML documents.
To be sure to produce valid documents you have to save it in XHTML.