Re: URI base resolution and Content-Location

> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Irene Vatton wrote:
>

> > > According to rfc2616, section 14.14:
> > > <<<
> > > The value of Content-Location also defines the base URI for the
> > > entity.
> > > >>>
> > > I tested that with Amaya, and it uses the request URI instead of the one
> > > given in Content-Location.
> > > See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2002Sep/0043.html for a
> > > better description.
> > > (I can make a server configuration available, if needed).
> >
> > Normally, I fixed that bug in the last release 6.3.
>
> I tested with amaya 6.3 windows and the problem is still there.

Okay I read probably too quickly your message and we're not speaking about
the same use of Content-Location.

------------------
I have a resource available at "http://www.example.com/news/latest.html"
The server is smart enough to serve it with a Content-Location header with
a value of: "http://www.example.com/news/archived/2002/09/09/news.html"
The page is pointing to the previous news with a relative link of
According to RFC2616 [1] Section 14.14:
<<<
The value of Content-Location also defines the base URI for the
entity.

------------------
If I resume the suggested change:
- a relative link from that page should be resolved as relative to the
Content-Location
  instead of the current URI.
- a Save of this page should use the Content-Location.
- a link from another page to that page should use also the Content-Location.

By example a link from http://www.example.com/D1.htm with the Content-Location
http://www.example.com/news/archived/2002/09/09/D1.htm to another page
http://www.example.com/D2.htm with the Content-Location
http://www.example.com/news/archived/2002/09/09/D2.htm
should generate the relative link "D2.htm"

In this case, why not forget the actual requested URI.