Re: compile problem: No such dir as Xm

Irene Vatton wrote:
>>I followed the instructions for unix install but I got stuck on both the tarball
>>and CVS installs at make all, because it had alot of errors like
>>
>>../../thotlib/include/thot_gui.h:134:24: Xm/MwmUtil.h: No such file or directory
>>../../thotlib/include/thot_gui.h:135:26: Xm/BulletinB.h: No such file or directory
>>
>>I don't have an Xm directory nor a MwmUtil.h file anywhere.  I have LessTif
>>0.92.32 installed, not openmotif.
>

> LessTif should provide same include files (it does if you get the development
> kit).

You and CBee are correct (thank u) -- in addition to the Lesstif rpm i had to
install the lesstif-devel rpm, because that has the missing files.  But after
installing that rpm and re-running ../configure and make, I get the same missing
file errors, from both configure and make.  ../configure returns "Motif includes
were not found  Amaya might not compile".

> You can also test to compile the GTK version.

So I re-ran ../configure with the --with-gtk option, but I then get the same
errors from make:

. . .
../../thotlib/include/thot_gui.h:156:19: Xm/Xm.h: No such file or directory
../../thotlib/include/thot_gui.h:157:23: Xm/PushBG.h: No such file or directory
. . .

until, that is, I deleted the Options file and re-ran ../configure.  (Since I
didn't touch that Options file, I didn't have any settings in there i didn't
want overriden, so maybe configure should warn the user when it won't write new
settings.)

Now make worked and amaya runs.  (Its warnings were mostly of type
../../thotlib/base/registry.c:1498:8: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif
directive.)

So i'm all set, thanks alot.
george