Installing Amaya on Mac OS X

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 18:22:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: Amaya List <www-amaya@w3.org>

Hi folks,

I have just installed Amaya 6.1 on Mac OS X from scratch, and here is what I
did:

Installed the fink binary from http://fink.sourceforge.net

I have an X server already, so I installed system-xfree86 (which uses
an existing X server) using dselect. It is also possible to install a
complete X server via dselect or apt-get or fink.

Then I tried

  sudo apt-get install amaya

I got Amaya 5.3 installed (and a number of other stuff). So I updated fink
via CVS

  fink selfupdate-cvs

that put the new amaya (6.1) package into place. I installed it and lesstif
with

  fink update amaya

and waited a couple of hours (I went out). Now I have a working Amaya 6.1
implementation, and I am a happy user again.

Cheers

Chaals