Re: Update: How to recognize mails from the amaya list

Let me save you some time.

All the messages coming from the w3c mailing list server have a

> >From the above list, I use X-Loop or List-Id in my filter (yep, 2 filters)
> This works since they are inserted by the amaya list engine. Which is either
> a heavy reconfigured majordomo or no majordomo at all

It is smartlist, not majordomo.

> The next things I'd like to update:
> - rearange the header so replies go to the list, and not to the originator.

This will not happen in the W3C lists. Our experience and well as others is
that it causes more problems than solutions. You may configure your
mail client to work like that, but we won't change the configuration of
our list server.

I guess the following are options for your mail client.

> - Add the real recognition header line to the list info.
> - optionally, either add a tag to the subject or leave the list address in
> the to: or cc: list (and disregard messages which are bcc:-ed to the list).

Again, I kindly propose you take this discussion off the Amaya mailing
list. Try www-talk@w3.org instead. The topic concern is "how to customize
my mail client to work better with W3C mailing lists." The goal of the
Amaya mailing list is to discuss the use of the Amaya browser.

I don't have anything against the discussion having started on this list.
The answers have been interesting. However, not all the people subscribed
to this list (like myself) use that mail client. Just count the number of
answers you have gotten already and that other people have had to erase
becuase they were not concerned by it :)

Thanks,

-jose