Re: wrong color in images

Irene Vatton schrieb:

> > Hallo,
> >
> > I use amaya-5.1 (11 July 2001) on Win98. I've got the graphic card
> > ASUS V3000 with driver V3.41 Beta 2. When I use high-color (16Bit),
> > Amaya shows wrong colors in the images, when I use true-color
> > (24Bit) or 256 colors, the images are correctly displayed. This
> > error doesn't depend on gif, jpg or png.
> >
> > Can I solve the problem by settings somewhere in amaya or is it a
> > bug, so that I must wait till a bug fix is available?
>
> The color encoding differs with each platform (Windows or Unix) and each
> screen depth. I tested a lot of these configurations including the
> 16 Bit screen + Windows platform (Win 95/98/NT) and it works correctly
> with tested images (those included in the AmayaPage.html, Annotations.html,
> etc.)
> Do you have troubles with these images?

Yes, both the images on http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Amaya.html and the
local amaya.png are wrong. In Opera 3.6, IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.7
they are displayed correct. The amaya.png seems to be a gray scaled
picture, but amaya shows it in some violet and olive. When I capture
the wrong image from the display and take it apart in RGB with
PaintShopPro, I can see, that the blue part is correct, but the red
and green part are not correct.

With kind regards
Regina Henschel