Re: Rendering of Indents (<DIR>)

Dave,

while you're giving a tutorial on style sheets :-) there's one construct
I haven't been able to achive, despite searching all references I could
find.

How can I express a style sheet to get a <DL> to be rendered with the
<DD> content starting on the same line as the <DT> ? This is how
dictionaries (for example) are usually laid out, but I have been unable
to achieve it with CSS.

Term 1: Definition 1
Term 2: Definition 2

As I understand it, this is the sort of thing that <DIR> and <MENU> were
supposed to assist.

Does anyone have a useful CSS reference which is sorted or can be
searched based on the required effect, rather than the names of the
attributes?

Thanks,
  Scott Davis