mea culpa: Part 2, by a different writer :)

Thanks to John Russell's comment below, from subject: mea culpa,
I rearranged my a:  definitions so that a:hover is at he end of the list
and voila! the problem I had with the link colours being wrong, was
corrected.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Ian Christie

When the least they could do to you was everything,
then the most they could do to you suddenly held no terror.
         -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)