Re: MathML

Jim FitzSimons wrote:

[...]
> Here is the error messages.
> *** Errors in http://www.neta.com/~cherry/mathml/ppex.html temp file:
>
>  c:\temp\amaya\1\ppex.html
>   This document has no encoding declaration
>
>   line 610, char 12: not well-formed
>
> > In XML, attribute values have to be quoted
> >
> I fixed it. Amaya does not like the space in this:
>  alt="Valid HTML 4.0!"
> Why is Amaya rejecting the space?

The problem is not with the space in the alt attribute, but with the
border attribute in the previous line: all attribute values must be
quoted, including this "0".

> How do I give this document an encoding declaration?

If the document is XHTML, just add an XML declaration at the very
beginning (1st line, before the DOCTYPE), for instance:

> What is the dark mark in the middle of equation 11?

It's an empty table cell. Amaya being first of all an editor, it
allows you to enter the content of those cells by displaying a small
grey box. These cells are not in the source code. They are added by
the editor in case you would like to complete the table. I guess that
when Amaya is in browser mode, those empty cells should not show up.
That's probably something to be fixed.

Vincent.

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France