Re: Cascading Objects in Amaya 4

[ well, not quite related to Amaya, but keep the original list for now ... ]

"Rzepa, Henry" <h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk> wrote:

> I might also add that  the MacOS platform is missing from
> comment above (iCab is MacOS only!).

I know ... the reason was, at the time of testing, unfortunately a Mac
in my office had burned out and I couldn't test Mac browsers, sorry.

> I agree however that the implementation of <object> is
> logically difficult. <object> can be nested. How does one
> ensure that the contents of each  <object> layer  are semantically
> the SAME? One cannot in general of course, and  I
> suppose that is one reason that  XML is really viewed as replacing
> this aspect of  HTML.

And also, current design of `object' is difficult to control by style
sheets.  Improvement/replacement of `object' is among requirements
for XHTML 2.0.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org