RE: Cascading Objects in Amaya 4

> From:	Rzepa, Henry [SMTP:h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk]
>

> Supporting OBJECT would be very cool. At the moment there is no obvious
> way
> to make a cascade of objects except by going to the structure view."

[DJW:]  It's in "good" company!  IE 5.01 makes a total mess of
this, at least if you reject ActiveX (for some reason, images
as objects are considered ActiveX by the security profile).  You
get two broken image boxes of the appropriate size in each
column (not for the JPEG though), plus the fallback text.

(IE also runs object wave files in an external media player.)

Mozilla M17 seems OK.

I believe W3C were trying to get rid of object because of its
complexity and inconsistent implementation, but I have a feeling
it got a reprieve as there was nothing better.