Re: Quick questions on viewing XML files in Amaya

Oliver Yuan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded Amaya version V3.2.1 from your web site and tried to use it
> to view a simple XML file listed below
>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="style.css"?><document>
> 		This is a body test with external cascade style sheet.
> </document>
>
> AND
>
> the style sheet file style.css is located under the same directory of
> the XML file,
>
> style.css contents:
> 	body {display:block}
>
> However, Amaya will display the original contents of the XML file. Could
> you tell me what I am missing here in order to view XML files.

What's missing? Full support of generic XML in Amaya.

The current version only supports some XML languages, namely
XHTML, MathML, XLink, and, in the next release, a subset of SVG.

There are plans for supporting generic XML, i.e. documents using
namespaces that Amaya is not aware of. But this won't be in the
next release.

Vincent.