Re: MathML and Namespaces in Amaya

This is a known bug of the last release that has been fixed in the
current version. The XML parser is now fully namespace aware and
allows you to define and use the prefixes you want.

If you want to benefit from this improvement now, just check the
latest version from the CVS base. Otherwise, you won't have to wait
for too long as a new release is scheduled for the next 2 weeks or so.

By the way, the namespace URI you use for MathML is wrong. The URI for
the MathML namespace is:

    http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML

Vincent.

Justin Birtwell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was hoping that Amaya could demonstrate for me the use of XML Namespaces.
> Amaya v3.2.1 declares that it supports the HTML and MathML namepaces yet
> from my experience it doesn't.  For example if I declare the namespace
> 'html' such as...

> and then prefix my html as <html:b>Some Bold Text</html:b>  it doesn't work.
>
> Also if I add a namespace for MathML as well such as...

> xmlns:m="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-MathML/">
>
> Amaya will render any MathML tag regardless of the namespace used.  For
> example
> <m:math> will work as will <x:math>
>
> So where is the support for namespaces?  If I was to paraphrase Amaya
> namespace support I'd say HTML must be the default namespace and all
> prefixes on MathML tags are ignored.  Is this namespace support?
>
> Does anyone have a better explaination?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Justin

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France