Re: nbsp question

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, P. T. Rourke wrote:

> So you're saying that 1.) the webpage should show the character represented;
> 2.) the view source should show the named entity, and 3.) the saved text
> should actually have the numeric entity value?
>
> Ugh.  Now if there's an application for Occam's Razor, this is it.

Not quite.  I'm saying 1 and 2 should be user selectable, but the
choice settings should be obvious to someone looking at the tool.

I'm applying the Razor to the case where I pick up your document
with numeric entity values in, but I want them in named form. You won't
be pleased if I push it through sed, do other edits, and send it back to
you with named entities in! :-)  Let the computer present the information
in the form the user wants.  The numeric forms are better suited to
machines than people.

> Patrick Rourke

	Hugh
	hgs@dmu.ac.uk