Re: bug report about localization.

> I was told by J.C. Nowaczyk that there were some irritating bugs
> inside Amaya, specially when he tried to use a french interface. The
> dialog which does not work is reached via the menus
> Special->Preferences->General...
>
> This dialog does not manage the keyboard in a consistent way, and it
> is impossible to type another language than the default en_US.
>
> Is the french language taken in account ? and if so, how can we use it
> ? J.C. N. intends to use Amaya inside his classrooms because of its
> ability to use math formulas.
>
> G.K.
>
> PS : if the reply is from INRIA, we can of course talk french.

Hi,

The language of the document could be different from the dialog language.
I often edit a French document with a English dialogue. It's why the dialog
doesn't manage the keyboard in a consistent way.
You have to switch the "Enable multi-key" in Preferences->General to be able
to insert French characters with an English keyboard ('e will generate é).