RE: error tolerance within amaya

> From:	Benedetti White, Arthur D. - CIMS-2 [SMTP:adbenedettiwhite@bpa.gov]
>
> It Sounds like those people don't really know what Validation is then.

	These people mean upwards of 99% (finger in the air, but
	I'm reasonably confident) of web content creators.  In
	my experience it is very rare for even blue-chip companies'
	web sites to pass a proper validation (my own won't, but
	I have little influence on the marketing people).

	Let's take some companies at random:

	http://www.intel.com/ - Failed
	http://www.ford.com/ - Failed
	http://www.altavista.com/ - Failed (this was the only one I've
	                            checked before)
	http://www.ups.com - one error - looks like they did validate it
	                     once!
	http://www.amazon.com - Failed
	http://www.whitehouse.gov - Failed
	http://www.apple.com - Failed
	http://www.w3.org - Passed, as expected.
	http://www.websitegarage.com - Failed - and this claims to be
	                              a validator
	http://www.sco.com - Failed

	All the failures are more serious than a missing DOCTYPE or
	missing ALTs, except for UPS.

	NB a common argument I here is that there is no advantage in
	conforming to the DTD if your page works with IE4/5 and NS 4.x.