RE: error tolerance within amaya

	My understanding is that Amaya is an EDITOR with
	browsing capabilities and it's primary aim is to
	be a tool for generating valid HTML, not as a
	competitor for commercial browsers.

> no the reason is that many do not validate at all ......
> how many people even use their spellcheckers when
> virtually every wordprocessor and mail utility has them built in!

	This is a question of words, I think.  But most
	people creating a page with Front Page, will view
	it with Internet Explorer, rather than putting it
	onto the web there and then.  It is that viewing
	with IE that constitutes their validation of the
	page - i.e. they are validating that it works with
	their favourite browser.  They may also "validate"
	with Netscape to get about 90% coverage of users.