RE: Editing/saving remote (dial-up) files?

> From:	Eddie Maddox [SMTP:emaddox@sihope.com]
> "404 Not Found
> The requested URL /usr/home/[...].html was not found on this server."
>
> - Is the server refered to the Local machine (where I am running Amaya) or
> the Remote ISP machine?

	The remote web server machine, which may be owned by the
	content provider or even on the content provider's premises.

> - Why does the error message omit the "http://www.sihope.com" portion of
> the path even though I did include it?

	Because it is not transmitted in the HTTP request (at least
	for HTTP/1.0), as the destination server already knows its
	own name (actually some sorts of virtual server require this
	information, but it is sent separately from the URL, e.g.:

	GET /xxxxxx HTTP/1.1
	Host: www.sihope.com

	but only relatively recent clients and servers use and
	understand Host headers.