Re: small errors in configuration/documentation

Hi John,

We completely agree with you. The documentation is incomplete, sometimes
unclear and needs more examples.
Our problem is that first, we have limited resources and second, developers
are not the best peoples able to write documentation.
We will be very happy to have contributors to the Amaya documentation.
We're ready to add their name as Amaya contributors.

> just downloaded amaya and trying to configure
> after running several other browsers since Web started
> have noted several glitches in documentation and how amaya
> does some common things
> [1] setting home page
> amaya requires FULL url including http:// this is fair but
> the on-line help could have been more HELPful by noting this.
> This retired teacher knows that EXAMPLES help in readability.
> Perhaps reviewing the on-line help and adding examples to topics
> will help others as well.
> [2] Color settings
> Using the dialog box --- will it respect all named colors
> will it accept hex codings, or decimal coding alternates.
> The help page is silent on this and once again exampleS would
> make it clear.
> And the named colors i picked didnt even come close to rendering
> correctly -- my favorite is 'wheat' which is easy on the eyes
> but try it in Amaya --- a dithered blue ugh!
> Using the pallet -- and quite an unusual one it is instead of
> the one seen in most programs --- may be a unix thing though
> i am much more familiar with windows and this one may be necessary
> for cross platform --- its a shame cuz it severely restricts one's
> choice.

Yes.

> The selected colors did not display when the apply button was
> pressed... i had to exit Amaya and restart it to see effect.

This is not normal. It should react immediatly.
Could you give us a specific scenario where the error occurs.