Re: Amaya on Solaris 7

> I'm running Solaris 7; the Solaris 2.6 version of Amaya runs, but that's
> about it: it won't even let me open up a new file!  Is this right, or have
> I not configured something properly?  (My default shell didn't like the
> path instruction in the README file, nor did a shell I opened using the sh
> command, so I just found the executable - path:
> ~/Amaya/solaris2.6/bin/amaya, where ~ = the directory I unpacked it in -
> and ran it directly.)  Help!

I guess the problem comes from a buggy libXm.so. Could you check the location
of that library (execute "ldd" on the amaya binary).
You can try to replace the standard library by that delivered in the tar file
by
executing
"setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $HOME/Amaya/solaris2.6:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
before starting amaya

> David Goldsmith
> Institute for Astronomy
> University of Hawai`i