Re: Dialog boxes, can't enter text.

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Eddie Maddox wrote:

> When trying to open a file, change the "preferences", etc. the dialog
> boxes do not register text entries. That is, clicking on, say, zoom, the

John Rooker suggested turning off the NumLock.

Sounded strange to me, but, well, I tried it. Works.
Started Amaya. A dialog box asked for a file name. Trying to enter text
with NumLock left on: nothing. Turned NumLock off: all text enters fine.

Thanks, John, for the hint. I'm used to text console. Just got X working
(Amaya is the "Killer Application" that makes me have to run X) so have
some learning. Why does NumLock have to be off? It's not obvious to me.

Eddie Maddox
emaddox@sihope.com