Re: amaya docs

On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 08:51:21PM -0400, John Russell wrote:
> The files are html but EVERY ONE runs up warnings when filtered
> thru tidy.exe

This sounds strange. We validate our files thru Amaya and Amaya should
generate correct HTML, unless there's a bug (or unless we generated
them with an old Amaya :) ).

For example, I just took the Configure.html file and ran it thru
the HTML validator (validator.w3.org). It comes out OK, no errors.

Maybe your tidy.exe is old? Or there's a bug elsewhere.

> [1] I am going to clean em up so they meet html 4 transitional spec
> [2] I will add examples and fill out in places I am familiar with

That sounds like a good idea and we appreciate your help. Try running the
documents first thru the validator service, so that we can find out
where are the bugs (in Amaya, tidy, in the validator, ...)

> Who do I bounce my changes back to for vetting ???

Each page in the doc is signed with a name and a mailto: url :)
Mail it back to that person when they are ready.

> It will take a couple of days and a few cups of coffee but I
> would like to know that someone will accept and do diffs to see
> if changes are appropriate....

Your time won't be wasted and your proposed changes will be carefully
reviewed, and either accepted or refused with an explanation :)

-Jose