Re: RPM for Amaya 2.1 (RH 6.0) are available

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 09:45:44AM -0700, David Thiede wrote:
> I grabed the rpm for rh60 last night and find that it gets an "unrecoverable
> thot error" when trying to load a page containing a PNG image. Switching the
> image to a GIF version allows the page to be loaded.

    Hum, yes, :-(

> I am running rh60 with all of the current updates installed. Has anyone else
> found this problem? I have had problems with PNG using XV also if that is any
> help. The PNG files are built with gnuplot and GIMP. Netscape 4.6 and 4.6.1
> have no problems displaying the PNG images.

   Same here, except XV ... The difference in the RPM build is that it tries
to use the system shared libs instead of the version installed in Amaya source
tree.
   The temporary solution seems to be to link with the PNG code coming from
the Amaya source tree until the problem is debugged.

> I also tried building the program from the sources but have had numerous
> missing symbol messages when I tried to link the various programs. I am fluent
> in C and will try to track these problems down. A first pass look a the
> problem seems to indicate that macros are preventing the necessary pieces of
> the source files from being compiled. Haven't had the time yet to trace it
> back to the cause yet.

Might be the lack of Motif. You need Motif development libraries to build Amaya.

Daniel

--
	    [Yes, I have moved back to France !]
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :