RE: Try this site, please.

Actually that may not be so. IBM have a strong commitment to accessibility
for disabled users, many of who have great difficulty "getting another
browser". Some of the problems in this site are the same problems that group
of users experience (and IBM are producers of a speech output browser
themselves, so should have some sympathy) so they may be more interested than
you fear. In my experience a large organisation like IBM is prepared to do
The Right Thing, but cannot ensure all their employees know everything they
need to all the time. Identifying problem areas is often very helpful.

After all, Amaya is only one of the standards-compliant browsers which have
problems with poorly coded pages.

Charles McCN

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, John Rooker wrote:

  On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  > http://www.wimbledon.org is built on a mess of tables which appear to use a
  > "spacer" element. Unfortunately this is not an HTML element, so it doesn't
  > have the desired effect. I had a look at the about this site page, which
  > doesn't have the problem.
  >
  > I also looked at the feedback page, but unfrotunately they use a javascript
  > to submit the form, so I couldn't give direct feedback. About the only thing
  > you can do is complain to IBM or the All England Tennis Club (who run the
  > tournament) directly, or use another browser to complain that you can't
  > access the site using your preferred browser.

  I'm sure that all I'll get from IBM is "Use another browser". :)  They do all
  the sites for the major tennis tournaments and IE and Netscape work fine.  I
  guess I'll jsut relegate Amaya to testing my own pages before I put them up.

  Thanks!

  John Rooker
  Rochester, NY
  jrooker@rochester.rr.com