Re: Amaya 2.a and Windows NT4 SP4

> Hi,
>
> First of all, congratulations to all the Amaya team. As an early follower and an every day user, I must say Amaya really gets better with at each release.
>
> Tough, there are some problems left :
>
> When I try to open a style sheet (even the most minimalistic one) Amaya freezes. I can't close it, I have to kill the process. It works fine on Linux (RedHat 5.2).

We're looking at the problem.

> As mentioned in other postings, the behaviour for printing is different from the button and from the menu. This "feature" is there since early versions. I finally got both to work the same. Infortunately it's a buggy behaviour : after opening the Amaya printing window, when I click the OK button I get the Windows standard printing window. So far, so good. If then I clik the OK button, I get back to the Amaya printing and so on. For the moment, I can print any more from Amaya.
>
> I had to do some heavy cutting and pasting between tables in two documents opened in different Amaya windows. There was a lot of crashing. I finished the work saving after every single cutting-pasting.

I guess we found out the reason of the trouble. It's due to the introduction
of the new Undo/Redo stuff.

> I do not know if switching from Escape to F2 for element selection was a good idea, but it was at least a bit surprising. OK, I know I can revert to my old habits (I immediately did for the document saving shortcut, switching back to good old CTRL-S, wich is the most common way to save under Windows).

We hesitated to do that but many people reported that Escape was not a good
key on Windows platforms.
It should be great to offer a set of coherent amaya.kb and amaya.keyboard
configuration files.

> Inserting a row in the middle of long table or increasing the column span of a cell takes forever with a lot of screen repainting and flashing. At the end I was getting a bit sea-sick. The time span seems to be proportional to length of the table.

Right, but I don't have time to work on the table editing next weeks.

> All in all, Amaya 2.0a is has improved a lot over version 1.3. My remarks are only meant to make it better.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Serge Torres
>
> Centre National de Documentation Pedagogique
>
> France

  Irene.