Re: Comment on amaya-src-2.0a

Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:

> On several different UNIX architectures, I'm building the
> amaya-src-2.0a distribution fetched from
>
>         http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/SourceDist.html
>
> on Saturday, 15-May-1999.
>
> On HP HP-UX 10.01, with CC=c89, I ran into a problem that arises
> because of misplaced config.h includes, raising exactly the error
> noted in the GNU autoconfig documentation in node
> (autoconf.info)Configuration Headers, which says

You do some of the work I do frequently: building tools from source on
different unix platforms. I cannot give you detail answers to your problems
but if you frequently build tools for more than one platform, create the
same development/build environment on all platforms.

I have created a gnu development environment (gcc, binutils and lots of
others) on all platforms in the same (but platform specific) directories.
With this gnu development environment, most tools build without troubles on
all platforms. If problems arise, they are the same on all platforms and so
is the solution.

Using this gnu environment also gives the advantage that most tools are
developed or at least tested with this environment since it is good and the
base for more and more platforms (linux, BeOs...).

Since you use HP-UX, have a look at the "Software Porting And Archive Centre
for HP-UX" for example at http://hpux.ced.tudelft.nl/ for HPUX precooked
sources. (no Amaya jet ;-(

CB

--
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose
from.