Re: Make book, include image menu, file system

mot97piwa@itek.chalmers.se wrote:

> I use both Unix (Linux RH5.1)and Windows 98 versions
> Hello,
>
> Make book problem
> ----------------------------
>
> I have a "site" made of a main directory (/) and subdirectories
> (/toto/ etc..). I have a HTML file in the main directory (/foo.html) that
> have "chapters" links to documents in subdirectories
> (/toto/foo.html). These "chapters" have pictures stored into the
> main picture file (/pictures/bar.gif) and also "chapters" in sub-sub
> directories (/toto/titi/bar.html) or in the same sub directory
> (/toto/bar.html).
>
> When I launch "Make Book" it 's a real mess, sub documents are
> incuded but sub-sub documents are not. When I check the HREF's
> I find "/toto/titi/toto/titi/bar.html" or "/toto/toto/bar.html" images and
> ".." directories are also bad handled.

You must put all your HTML pages ang GIFF images in the same directory. The
problem is that "Make book" includes a page from a subdirectory in the context
of the first page (the main directory), but the relatives URL arenot modified
to take the change in directory.