Re: Amaya 2.0a installation after compilation

> Hello Amaya readers.
>
> First of all, Is something wrong with the maillist? I send an email
> yesterday and have not received it back. I hope to see the maillist is
> working.

Yes it works.

> Now the real issue:
> After building Amaya on HP, Installing gave the next errors:
>
> ERROR 1:
> ln -s /appl/tools/amaya2.0a/Amaya/applis/bin/amaya
> /appl/tools/amaya2.0a/bin/amaya
> ln: /appl/tools/amaya2.0a/bin/amaya: No such file or directory
>
> /appl/tools/amaya2.0a is from the configure option
> '--prefix=/appl/tools/amaya2.0a'
> The 'Amaya' subdirectory is created in the installation.
> The 'bin' subdirectory of 'Amaya' is not created.

Your option is quite surprising but it should work.
I agree, we forgot to make the bin directory if it doesn't exist

> ERROR 2:
> cp: cannot access ../../dicopar/*.dic: No such file or directory
> I guess this has something to do with dictionaries but how do I install
> them? It is not mentioned in the installation information.

The install procedure doesn't automatically copy dictionaries just to avoid
generating more copies than needed of these large files.
The SourceDist.html page gives you the opportunity to download dictionaries
and install them in the right place.

> --
> The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose
> from.
> Corne' Beerse					| Alcatel Telecom Nederland
> mailto:beerse@ats.nld.alcatel.nl		| Postbus 3292
> talkto:+31(70)3079108 faxto:+31(70)3079191	| NL-2280 GG  Rijswijk

  Irene.