Re: Wishes for Amaya

> Could Amaya please allow the author to add ALT for AREAs, in the same way it
> does for IMG?

It will be the case in the next release 2.0. ALT will be mandatory for AREAs.

> Also, it would be nice to have a default configuration which provides
> keyboard shortcuts for most functions and a way of doing everything including
> changing the active sub-window and selecting text via the keyboard

The problem is to find out the right list of shortcuts. That could be
experimented
out of the team. We're ready to publish a list of files amaya.keyboard or
amaya.kb.

By the way, we plan the replace in the Windows versions the ESC key by the F2
key
to select enclosing elements. What do you think?

> All the menu functions are accessible from the keyboard via the F10 (linux)
> or ALT (windows) keys, and in Linux using fvwm2 I can move the mouse cursor
> around using ctrl-shift and the arrow keys, but haven't found a way to make
> clicks from the keyboard. For a blind user, moving the mouse around to find
> things is difficult anyway - if it were more like the dialog boxes, where I
> can use TAB, arrow keys and SPACE to do everything it would be better.

We're looking at this problem, but we're not sure to fix it for the end of
this week.