Re: disappointed

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 jose.kahan@w3.org wrote:

> In the forthcoming version of Amaya, you'll be able to change the
> font menu size, the default zoom, and the colors from a preferences menu.

	Excellent news!  Thank you.  I look forward to trying this
	out.

	Something to consider, which is non-trivial, and obviously
	not based on code I have not seen :-) --

	Under NetScape I set the thing to use my colours always.
	Sometimes this catches me out, when GIF images have clear
	backgrounds on the assumption that the page is white or light
	grey and the image is of text; I end up having to read
	"black on black" text -- although due to sampling I get a light
	outline of the text in a grainy sort of way!  So I turn
	off "use my colours always", then this problem
	also comes up when people set the forground colour to black
	but not the background colour, so my default (black) is used.
	Or the reverse -- they set the page to white, and I get my default
	(white).  My workaround for that is to use a vile shade of
	green for text at the moment!

	Is it possible to use HSV space to map these colours to be
	as far apart as possible?  If the pertinent colours are "Near"
	then move them apart so they are not.  This may be a topic
	of Human Computer Interaction research at the moment, and it
	may be awkward from other points of view:  one  would need to
	have loaded all the images one was going to load to work out
	which were the critical colours to move, then how to move them
	would be an issue.

	Anyway, I plant this seed in the hope that you get a "bolt
	of inspiration" about how to do this, if what you have already
	written doesn't cover it.

> There's also an option for enabling/disabling double-click activation of
> links.

	Good.

> -Jose

	Thank you again,