Re: Is amaya suitable for use as a html parsing library?

Howard Rubin wrote:
> I need to extract text from HTML documents and do this from
> a platform portable C program. I've been all over the web --
> dejanews, yahoo etc., and the closest thing I've found is libwww.
> However, I notice in libwww (http://www.w3.org/Library/User/Start.html)
> that libwww isn't recommended for use as an HTML parser. It
> recommends Amaya as a full HTML parser.
You might try to write a Perl (or sed/awk) script for the purpose.

> Is there some part of the Amaya source code that would be suitable
> for extracting the text from HTML documents from a C program?
> Any tips, hints, etc would be greatly appreciated.
I should have a look at the print code. There is a special executable in
the bin directory. You should strip all the postscript code it generates
and there you have your text.

CB

--
Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking?
Corne' Beerse					| Alcatel Telecom Nederland