Re: Some comments on Amaya 1.3a.

Paul Derbyshire wrote:

> >Amaya does not support MATHML yet! I never said Amaya should implement the
> glitch.
>
> Strange. My copy does. It's version 1.3a... you have an earlier version I
> presume?
>
> As near as I can tell, Amaya 1.3a+ is the world's only software supporting
> MathML.

Paul-- I am now using Amaya 1.3b and it does so little MATHML that it is
worthless for even simple presentations.
If you want I can list all the MATHML it does not support?

Current limitations
Amaya implements only the Presentation Tags from MathML, not the Content Markup.
All presentation elements are available, but only some MathML attributes are
currently implemented (for instance fontstyle which is available in the Attributes
menu when a mi element is selected). However, the class, id and style attributes
are available, with the same semantics as in HTML: you can associate CSS style
with MathML elements (class and style attributes) and a MathML element can be the
target of a link (id attribute).
Only a limited set of entities representing math symbols are recognized by the
parser, mainly those available in the Symbol font. The current version supports:
Therefore, SuchThat, DownTee, Or, And, Not, Exists, ForAll, Element, NotElement,
NotSubset, Subset, SubsetEqual, Superset, SupersetEqual, DoubleLeftArrow,
DoubleLeftRightArrow, DoubleRightArrow, LeftArrow, LeftRightArrow, RightArrow,
Congruent, GreaterEqual, le, NotEqual, Proportional, VerticalBar, Union,
Intersection, PlusMinus, CirclePlus, Sum, Integral, CircleTimes, Product,
CenterDot, Diamond, PartialD, DoubleDownArrow, DoubleUpArrow, DownArrow, UpArrow,
ApplyFunction, TripleDot.

Jim FitzSimons
Mailto:cherry@neta.com