Re: Problems making a link.

Jim Gettys wrote:

> Say I have an anchor as part of a heading.
>
> I then want to make a hyperlink to that anchor in the document.
>
> When I do so, Amaya does not seem to properly identify the target
> indicated with the mouse, and instead gives me a dialog box to enter
> the link URL into.
>
> This is 1.3b, Windows 98.

In previous versions of Amaya, anchors with a name (potential targets
for links) were displayed in green.  This has been changed, because it
was ambiguous (style sheets or FONT elements can also change the color
to green) and it did not work with IDs attributes attached to large
elements such as DIVs.

In version 1.3, every potential target of a link is represented by a
target icon (even large elements with an ID attribute), but to avoid
disturbing page layout with this icons when you are just browsing,
you have to ask for the target icons to be displayed. Use the Views
menu to do that: there is an item "show targets".

When targets are shown, you just have to click a target icon to set
a link. The dialog box for entering URLs is shown only when you don't
click a target icon.

I hope it helps,

Vincent.

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France