Re: Bug? Attributes..

David J Woolley wrote:

> > Please test the short html-fragment below! I think all lines
> > should give the same result. (It works in Netscape and Arena to.)
>
> Although I'd expect it, the CSS model doesn't require this and one
> can construct style sheets that will generate different behaviour.
> The browser has an implicit style sheet, and who is to tell that this
> doesn't specify different results for the different cases.

The lines should give the same results if the wanted result is
available. This is a combination of bold, italics and underline.

Most fonts come with a separate font for bold and italics (and sometimes
also underline). If the font you use is such a font and there is no
bold&italics&underline one, it is up to the application (or the Xserver)
to display a font. This can be forgetting the first code or neglecting
the last one.

CB

--
Try not to let implementation details sneak into design documents.
Corne' Beerse					| Alcatel Telecom Nederland