Re: Various bugs in Amaya 1.2a (continued)

> last May 28, I wrote:
> > * '>' or '&gt;';
> >   Stand-alone '>' characters in text are left as-is when
> >   Amaya saves it to a file. Unfortunately Word 97 treats
> >   this as an invalid character when reading HTML.
>
> I now found the place where the conversion from '>' to '&gt;'
> should occur, and created a patch (which is attached to this
> mail). I didn't manage to compile Amaya on my Linux machine,
> so I cannot check if this fix is O.K., but it looks
> streight-forward.
>
> In reality this 'bug' is in libwww, so I'm not sure whether
> I am reporting it to the right place or not. If not where
> else should I report this?

This is not an Amaya bug but a Word bug.
Anyway, if you plan to change that in Amaya, the libwww is not the right
place to do it; Amaya doesn't use this part of libwww code.
If you accept to rebuild your Amaya version the right place is in the
source file Thot/amaya/Text_SGML.inc which lists SGML encoding translations.
We, Amaya team, don't plan to integrate this patch because other Amaya users
could disagree with that.