Re: Amaya problems on DEC Alpha/Linux

et.in>

> Let me go through what I did, again: (sorry I may have missed out some
> important stuff earlier):
> (1) I tried unzipping the amaya-java source and compiling, didn't work.
> (2) I tried unzipping the amaya-src and compiling, didn't work.
> (3) Some time later, I tried amaya-java again. Didn't work.
> (4) Then I did make clean, and unzipped amaya-src into the *same*
>     directory (Thot). Maybe that matters?
> (5) I did ../configure without java. But the problem with the makefile
>     seems to be in the source Makefile.in, as I said earlier. Didn't
>     work.
> (6) After I fixed the makefile, it compiled fine, runs ok most of the
>     time.

I have integrated you bug fix. Thanks

> (7) Then I tried reconfiguring (after a make clean), with java, it
>     refuses to compile.

The release amaya-src-1.2a is a core release and doesn't include kaffe and
java code.
Releases amaya-java-src are done by Daniel Veillard who is in charge to adapt
the
java interface to each new core release.
Today amaya-src and amaya-java-src have 2 releases of difference and you have
to use
release 1.1c if you need the Java interface. You cannot use amaya 1.2a C code
with
amaya 1.1c Java code.

> (8) I tried the make stages one by one, as described in autoconf.html, and
>     it chokes on the make kaffe step.
>
> Hope this is of help.

Yes. It's clear now.
  Irene.