Re: Amaya W95/1.1a problem: <FONT SIZE=?>

On 14 October 1997 16:53, Lee <ourcity@basec.net> wrote:

>Dirk Fieldhouse <fieldhouse@logica.com> wrote:
> > To: www-amaya@w3.org
> > Date: Tuesday, October 14, 1997 9:45 AM
> >
> > Under Win 95, Amaya 1.1a doesn't seem to handle this tag right.
SIZE=n seems to
> > be interpreted as font_size := n rather than font_size :=
n*font_size.
> I may not have your whole picture, but the HTML "font" extension
> (supported by Netscape and MSIE) "font size" ranges from 1 to 7 (as I
> understand it) 1 being smallest and 7 being largest - relative to the
font
> setting in the particular browser.

Well, you're right, of course, as far as HTML 3.2 is concerned. I should
have written

... font_size := n rather than font_size := n*k*default_font_size ...

where k is such that k*default_font_size corresponds to SIZE=1

However, the fact remains that I see 1pt text with SIZE=1 and 2pt with
SIZE=2. Perhaps there's a default style setting that I haven't
discovered.

/df
Please copy any reply to me as I'm not able to follow the mailing list.

 --
Dirk Fieldhouse                 Logica UK Limited
fieldhouse@logica.com           75 Hampstead Road