Re: Amaya on NT4

> How do I run Amaya on Windows NT?
>
> I've downloaded the archive and unpacked it. I haven't found any
> instructions (either on the site or in the archive) that suggest I need
> to do anything else. But when I try to run Amaya.exe, nothing happens.
> (Watching in Task Manager shows that it runs for a few seconds and then
> goes away.)

Do you try to start Amaya on a local page ?
To do so, please edit the file Thot/config/THOT.INI and add the name
of a local page in the line HOME_PAGE like
HOME_PAGE=c:\Thot\amaya\HOTLIST.HTML

In the current release, Amaya tries to fetch the initial page through the
Net and if it meets problems with the Net, it crashes.
In next release there'll be a local welcome page.

> If it's any help: System is NT Workstation 4, service pack 3; hardware
> is P/100, 40 MB RAM.

Hope this hepls