Re: [Moderator Action] Amaya help files.

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 16:06:49 -0500 (EST)
Bartolom <BartolomeSintes@ono.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been improving the Spanish translation of the manual and I have some
> bug reports/questions/suggestions regarding the English version:
>
> 1. The SVG button image file "SVGLibrary.gif" does not exist. This image is
> linked in "SVG.html.fr" and "UseSVGLib.html"

I added this file in the CVS base.

> 2. The final lines of the "ChangeSVGLibPresentation.html" are confusing. I
> understand that the file that should be edited is "default_cat.lhtml" in
> config/libconfig directory, but the class names in this file are in French
> (titre-graph and commentaire). By the way, this file has no doctype and
> the extension is "lhtml". Why?

Right. Now there are English alternate texts.

> 3. There are two files ("timeline_help.html" and "WebDAV.html") not linked
> to the other help pages. Should they be translated?

Yes. The "timeline_help.html" is called from the Timeline view.
"WebDAV.html" is now linked from the page "Saving and Publishing Amaya"

> 4. There is no reference to "Manage SVG library" in the manual main page
> (manual.html)

Done.

> 5. In "configuring_amaya/menu_preferences.html" it is said that only three
> languages are available. At least there is a fourth one (Spanish).

Fixed.

> 6. Navigation through the manual pages using the arrow images is sometimes
> confusing.
> 6.a. I think "Document.html" and "creating.html" should be merged in one
> page.
> 6.b. The next arrow in "Views.html" links to "Changing.html" instead of
> "Document.html"
> 6.c. The next arrow in "about_access_keys.html" should link to "forms.html"
> 6.d  The next arrow in "elements/exiting_anchors.html" links to
> "creating_nested_structures.html" and then
> "elements/changing_the_document_title.html", but in "Creating.html" the
> order of the last two links is the opposite.

You're probably right but I'm too busy to do that now.
Could you change the Spanish and the English version?

> 7. In several files ("HTML.html", "Changing.html",
> "HTML-elements\40styling.html", "HTML-elements\address.html",
> "headings.htm", etc) link arrows are aligned to the right. Should they be
> aligned to the right in all the pages?

I have no strong opinion, but it should be homogeneous.

> 8. Will the next release be 7.3 or 8.0?

8.0 and the date should be 15 April.

> 9. I think that the help and images files should be separated in different
> directories (en, fr, de, es) in order to make the translation and
> "maintenance" easier .

Yes, it's a good idea.

> 10. I would like to translate "amaya/amaya/HTML.trans"? Could Amaya use
> "HTML.trans.es" when Spanish language is chosen?

That requires a development. I guess it won't be done for the next release.

     Irene.
-----