Re: distribution for linux / ppc?

Le mercredi 09 juillet 2008 à 22:18 +0800, Zhang Weiwu a écrit :
> Irene Vatton wrote:
> > Le mercredi 09 juillet 2008 à 11:18 +0800, Zhang Weiwu a écrit :
> >
> >> Dear all
> >>
> >> I am using Linux/PPC and wish to use amaya. My distribution didn't
> >> provide a package for amaya (gentoo linux), in such case I usually
> >> compile from source manually. But I failed with amaya source
> >> distribution. It had been several months ago, I only had the impression
> >> it was because assembly code was included and couldn't compile to local
> >> machine code.
> >>

> > I suspect a problem with a missing library on your platform.
> > Are you sure you get a full source distribution (with extra libraries).
> > Could send us a trace of the reported error?
> >
> I'd glad to. When I try to grab the source again and do a compile, I
> again confused exactly as I did last time. There is a version called
> "amaya-source" and comment say it "include extra libs" and a version
> called "amaya-fullsrc" and comment say it "same without Amaya-release
> root directory". So which is the /full source/ that /include extra
> libs/? I could have tried both but with my wireless WAN connection it
> would take hours to download only one of them, so please hint me:) Thanks.

We use "amaya-fullsrc" for our package distributions.
But someones prefer to have a top Amaya_ver top directory, so you also
provide "amaya-sources", and others want the amaya source code without
extra libraries, so we provide "amaya-src".
Pay attention, a new pre3 is now available.

--
Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>
INRIA