Re: 64-bit clean code

Hi,

I just tried to build Amaya9.54 on amd64 (opensuse-10.2) and had the
same problem.  I know from a google search that this was considered an
exploitable buffer overflow problem on 21-April-2006 by the debian team
(http://osdir.com/ml/linux.debian.devel.announce/2006-04/msg00014.html).

I'm not sure that the code should stay as-is, but I do know that if
you're going to try to cast pointer contents for arithmetic, you should
at least do so with the proper size, e.g. long as Chris suggested.

It would be nice to not have to hack the code just to get it to
compile... ;)  Is there an ETA to getting this issue fixed one or
another?

Thanks in advance,

ast

--