Amaya 9.x on Fedora

From: Leon Stringer <leon.stringer@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:20:03 +0100
To: www-amaya-dev@w3.org

Hi,

I've dug a little deeper on this. As far as I know, Amaya 9.51 and 9.52
do not run on Fedora Core 6 (currently in its final testing phase). It
fails with a BadMatch X error.

Using gdb I've traced this error to wxGLContext::SetCurrent() in
wxWidgets/src/gtk/glcanvas.cpp, specifically the call to glXMakeCurrent().

The OpenGL reference for this call says:
(http://www.rush3d.com/reference/opengl-bluebook-1.0/ch07.html#id5567337)

"BadMatch is generated if drawable was not created with the same X
screen and visual as ctx. It is also generated if drawable is None and
ctx is not None."

Unfortunately, as I'm new to OpenGL and wxWidgets I'm not sure where to
go from here. As they both run on Fedora Core 5 I wondered if this
problem could be due to a change between GTK+ 2.8 and 2.10.

Is anyone else running a GTK+ 2.10 distribution and can get Amaya to work?

Regards,

Leon...