Re: Compiling 9.52 snapshot on Debian 3.1 stable

Thanks Irene for the updated list of packages:

  http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/AmayaWX.html

You wrote:

> Please use a different sub-directory for "../configure --with-gtk"
> The generated Options amd Makefile files are not compatible.

Before I tried each configure operation I deleted all the files and
directories in the directory I was using: Amaya/0-rw-build/

Here is my experience with the new list of packages:

Debian Stable

  libfreetype6-dev   2.1.7-6 is already installed

  libgtk+2.0-dev     I can't find any package of this name, with
                     Aptitude or Google.

  libgtk2.0-dev      2.6-4.3.1 is already installed.

  xlibmesa-gl        4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge2 is already installed.

  xlibmesa-glu       4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1 is installed but will be
                     upgraded to 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1 when I
                     install xlibmesa-dev.

  xlibmesa-glu-dev   I need to install 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge2

                     this is also a dependency of xlibmesa-dev.

  libglu1-mesa       I need to install 5.5.0-5.1.  Do I not need
                     libglu1-mesa-dev?  See notes below.

  xlibmesa-dev       I need to install 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge.

The first problem is that I can't find "libgtk+2.0-dev".

The second is that Aptitude tells me that if I want to install
libglu1-mesa, then it must remove:

   x-window-system-core

   xlibmesa-glu

My initial impression of x-window-system-core is that it is central to
the whole X-windows system so removal would clobber my machine.  However
the file list at:

  http://packages.debian.org/stable/x11/x-window-system-core

shows just three non-functional files.  I figure I can remove this
without any fuss.

This leaves the second problem as an incompatibility with xlibmesa-glu.

  - Robin